TOP Foods to FIGHT Inflammation – Guest Post! February 15, 2016Posted by fitmontclair in Uncategorized.
add a comment
SPECIAL GUEST POST from MODERNIZE.com:
Everywhere you turn you are hearing about INFLAMMATION and its link to good health and preventing many diseases. I am privileged to have a blog audience that includes many leaders and forward thinkers in the Health & Fitness industry. One of the current leaders in home innovations that make it easier, almost effortless to make your home efficient and conducive to a healthy lifestyle is MODERNIZE.com. They graciously offered to write a guest post on the BEST foods to add to your diet to avoid inflammation and lower your risk of many diseases as well as some of the worst inflammatory foods to avoid! I hope you all enjoy their post and put the information into practice.
The foods you eat matter. This is especially true if you struggle with chronic health conditions or if you are working hard to make drastic changes to your health and well-being. While getting regular exercise is important, it isn’t enough to make permanent changes that will increase your energy and reduce the symptoms of chronic health problems.
This is why a focus on nutrition is crucial to a well-rounded and healthy lifestyle. One way you can see the power of food is by adding certain foods to your diet that will fight inflammation. Inflammation can be caused by a variety of things. Food sensitivities, an injury, or a chronic health condition can all cause inflammation. Additionally, inflammation is a normal and important part of exercise.
Certain foods have the power to decrease the experience of inflammation, and they should be added as a regular part of the diets for anyone who exercises extensively or struggles with inflammation on a regular basis.
What Makes Food Anti-Inflammatory?
There are certain foods that naturally fight inflammation because of their makeup. The very best anti-inflammatory foods contain high levels of antioxidants and polyphenols, according to Harvard Health Publications. These protective compounds both function uniquely in the body. Antioxidants work to prevent cell damage in the body, and polyphenols are a specific type of antioxidants normally found in plant-based foods that play a role in fighting inflammation in the body.
When it comes to fighting inflammation, all foods are not created equal. If you want to add more anti-inflammatory foods to your diet, look for foods that are high in antioxidants and polyphenols. Some of the best foods for fighting inflammation include:
- Fatty fish: Fish that contains omega-3 fatty acids have been found to reduce inflammation and should be eaten multiple times a week in order to experience the full health benefits.
- Whole grains: Unless you have a grain intolerance, whole grains should be eaten regularly. It is especially important that you avoid simple carbohydrates like cereals, white breads, and other highly processed foods and opt for healthy, whole grains in their place.
- Leafy greens: Kale, spinach, and other dark,Which Foods Fight Inflammation. When leafy greens have high levels of vitamin E and have been found to protect the body from inflammation.
- Almonds, and other nuts: Nuts bring a wide variety of health benefits to the table. They are high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, both playing an important role in reducing inflammation.
- Fruits containing high antioxidant levels: Fruits like strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges containing those sought after antioxidants are so important to every anti-inflammation diet.
- Tomatoes: Unless you have trouble tolerating nightshades—the family of vegetables containing tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, and other vegetables—consider introducing plenty of tomatoes to your diet. While the results vary from person to person, tomatoes have produced favorable results for many engaging in an anti-inflammation diet.
Avoid Inflammation Causing Foods:
A nutritious diet isn’t simply about what you should eat, it is also important to consider what foods you should avoid if you are fighting inflammation. Certain foods worsen or cause inflammation and should be eaten in moderation or avoided altogether. These inflammation causing foods include: fried foods, highly processed carbs, processed meats, sodas, and other high sugar and high fat foods.
At Modernize, we believe living a healthy lifestyle shouldn’t be complicated. Consider organizing your kitchen in a way that makes preparing healthy foods simple. With the right knowledge, and the right tools on hand, you can make the changes necessary to change the future of your healthy and improve your quality of life.
Remember to eat healthy and stay STRONG!
“Your health is in YOUR HANDS!”
ADVANCED FITNESS CONCEPTS
“Using Science to Maximize Health and Performance”
VOTED BEST IN PERSONAL TRAINING ESSEX COUNTY NJ 2 YEARS IN A ROW!!!